Clicks1.5K

Retailers See Gay Population as Next Audience to Court

Photo ~ J.C. Penney hired Ellen DeGeneres, who is openly gay, as the retail chain's spokeswoman.

Retailers See Gay Population as Next Audience to Court

Retailers are becoming a lot less closeted.

They are turning their attention to gays and lesbians, a group that wields substantial buying power but isn't fully integrated into mainstream advertising. Similar to other moves to attract different minority groups, the push comes with risks, as it could threaten the retailers' relationships with some of their longtime shoppers.

Nonetheless, from J.C. Penney Co.'s (JCP) high-profile hiring of openly gay television personality Ellen DeGeneres as its spokeswoman to Target Corp.'s (TGT) selling of same-sex greeting cards, retailers are testing ways to cozy up to a community that by one estimate is as many as 16 million strong and has almost double the disposable income of the average American, some $49,000 per capita versus $26,000.

J.C. Penney has been more aggressive than other large retailers in courting gays. In addition to hiring Ms. DeGeneres, the company featured two women as a couple in its May catalog and two men in its June offering. J.C. Penney also had a float in New York's Gay Pride parade, and the Two Dads--as the men have come to be known--also attended. J.C. Penney's monthly catalog is mailed to 14 million customers nationwide.

Macy's Inc. (M) uses gay-friendly graphics in some of its windows during Gay Pride Month in June. "We support, and have for many years, pride parades in many cities," Macy's spokesman Jim Sluzewski said.

A Sears store in a Toronto mall that was along the route of this year's gay-pride parade in that city had models holding flags in rainbow colors, the symbol of gay pride. A spokesman for Sears Canada said the Toronto store was the only one that had such a display. Sears doesn't do gay-pride displays in the U.S...

Read more Here.
Temperance
Its wierd that J. C. Penny's first initials are the sam as Jesus Christs. Jesus Christ's teachngs in life are priceless, yet J. C. Penney's are not worth even 2 penneys.
Ben Martin
Lady Gaga is going back to school with Office Depot

Office Depot Pledges $1 Million This Year to GAYs!!

Office Depot is teaming up with the Born This Way Foundation to help youth find their individuality.

And just today, her new campaign with Office Depot was rolled out. An email sent out to Office Depot email subscribers was titled “BORN THIS WAY FOUNDATION + Office Depot = We Supply Braver…More
Lady Gaga is going back to school with Office Depot

Office Depot Pledges $1 Million This Year to GAYs!!

Office Depot is teaming up with the Born This Way Foundation to help youth find their individuality.

And just today, her new campaign with Office Depot was rolled out. An email sent out to Office Depot email subscribers was titled “BORN THIS WAY FOUNDATION + Office Depot = We Supply Bravery.”
delagotti
thanks god.......i am only shopping at walmart!
Comments from FR:

And the results?

JC Penney: "more aggressive than other large retailers in courting gays"

While trading on above-average volume, JC Penney (JCP) decreased today, hitting and then dropping past its previous 52-week low to $20.70. The stock price is down 4.4% with a volume of 7.7 million. The stock is trading at 85.7% of its 50-day moving average and 65.7% of its 200-day …More
Comments from FR:

And the results?

JC Penney: "more aggressive than other large retailers in courting gays"

While trading on above-average volume, JC Penney (JCP) decreased today, hitting and then dropping past its previous 52-week low to $20.70. The stock price is down 4.4% with a volume of 7.7 million. The stock is trading at 85.7% of its 50-day moving average and 65.7% of its 200-day moving average.
----------------------------------------------------

when you suck up to less than 4% of the population.. The same 4% that does a very good job of pissing off the other 96% of said population....

Your sales nose dive.
Duh..
-----------------------------------------------------

Why can’t these people just sell stuff and leave the social indoctrination to the activists?

Oh, I forgot. The activists are running the companies. And the news media. And the schools.
--------------------------------------------------

So 1-2 percent of the human race is a large enough group to sell out for?

So you pick up even 100% of them and you lose 1% of the other 98-99% of the human race and this makes sense to retailers?
IDIOTS..............
-----------------------------------------------

I go to a store to buy a product at a fair price. I do not go to a store to learn about diversity or financially support a company’s political correctness.

If your store just oozes rainbows, it better be either a religious book store or a baby nursery themed outlet.

If I see guy/guy models, rainbow kerchiefs and ladies holding hands, you might as well put spiked dog collars and dildos in the window to complete the picture.

At which point, I retch just a little and walk on by.