Francis made Father Corrado Maggioni, 65, on September 13 the President of the Pontifical Committee for International Eucharistic Congresses. Riposte-Catholique.fr informed about Maggioni:
• Maggioni earned a doctorate at the anti-liturgical Liturgical Institute Saint Anselmo in Rome, where he also teaches, is an ally of Archbishop Piero Marini, his predecessor, and a follower of Archbishop Bugnini, the inventor of the failed Novus Ordo.
• Since 1990 at the Liturgy Congregation, he was, together with the present prefect, Archbishop Roche (“no workaholic”) in charge of neutralising Cardinal Sarah, the former prefect.
• He authored the 2017 instruction that shifted responsibility for liturgical translations to the bishops.
• He presides the Eucharist every morning in Saint Peter’s but vigorously pushed for prohibiting the celebration of Mass in the basilica.
• After the canonical visit at the Liturgy Congregation, Maggioni was moved out because of many complaints against him. He is harsh, authoritarian, sidelined priests suspected of resisting him by not giving them work and reducing them to doing crossword puzzles for years. Sarah said that Maggioni ran the dicastery like a minor seminary superior.
• Maggioni is unable to live with the Montfortians to whom he belongs and has his own flat.